Friday, August 26, 2011

Book 90 - American Vampire Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

American Vampire Vol. 1
American Vampire Vol. 1
910 books to go!

I took this graphic novel out of the library after I discovered vol. 2 on the new 14 day book cart. I bought them home and Shawn went through them so fast, today I finally got to read vol. 1, perhaps this weekend during the hurricane I can get through vol 2.

This series seems pretty interesting so far, Stephen King is also working on it, the creators are on a mission to bring back true vampires, not the teen heart throb vampires that came about with the creation of twilight. So far they're doing a pretty good job, this graphic novel reminds me a little bit of 'salem's lot by King. The plot isn't similar but the fact that the vampires can fly in the air like they did in 'salem's lot makes the vampires similar. The very end of this volume leaves off at a cliff hanger which of course makes me immediately want to grab vol. 2.

I've pre ordered the third volume because so far I like this series, so this might be a new collection Shawn and I have to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment