Monday, August 15, 2011

Book 83 - Rescue by Anita Shreve

Rescue: A Novel
Rescue: A Novel
917 books to go!

I devoured this book. I started reading it a few days ago at work and got wrapped up in it today, so much that I had it attached to me the whole day hoping to finish all 288 pages which I did. This novel is excellent, very interesting with a nice happy ending that seems to work for the story.

Peter Webster an EMT rescues a young woman Sheila after she is involved in a drunk driving accident. He falls in love with Sheila and marries her after she becomes pregnant with their child. Sheila's alcoholism seriously threatens the life of their young daughter, suddenly Peter is left raising Rowan alone. Years later Sheila comes back into their lives and Rowan is heading down the same path as her mother, which leaves Peter in a state of worry.

This is the second Anita Shreve novel I have read, so far I am pretty impressed with her work. This book is worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment