Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Book 79 - A discovery of witches by Deborah Harkness

A Discovery of Witches: A Novel
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel
921 books to go!

Just finished this book. It had me captivated and I had to know what was going to happen, although towards the end I wasn't feeling the magic and charm that I felt in the beginning of the story. I checked it out from work after having it pop up when a patron requested it here and there. It was curious, the beginning of the book was excellent, very charming and magical but towards the middle the book turned twilight meets the writing style of Christine Feehan. Forget the last parts of the book, it was interesting but a massive amount of craziness and magic went on, probably much more action than the story actually needed.

The main character does a 360 degree turn for the worse, she starts out fiercely independent and than turns into a weak, exhausted co-dependent mess when she realizes she's in love with Matthew. When the novel was reaching an end point, I found myself wondering why Deborah Harkness added so much action and events when they weren't needed and only made the novel a crazy mess of mish mashed magic at the end.

My verdict read if you don't have anything better as far as entertainment prospects go.

No comments:

Post a Comment