Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book 81 Making Rounds with Oscar by Dr. David Dosa

Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat
Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat
919 books to go!

This is yet another animal memoir I got my hands on to read, I seem to like animal memoirs. The copy I had was an ARC (advanced reading copy) so what I read may not have turned out to be exactly like the published version.

This memoir is about Oscar the cat, he is a nursing home cat at the steere house nursing home. The floor he lives on houses patients with dementia. Oscar has an unusual sense of upcoming death, and he stays with a patient right before they are going to die. Dr. Dosa decides he wants to investigate this phenomena to see if he can determine how Oscar can tell a patient is going to die.

The book was okay, I wouldn't say it was riveting, but it wasn't bad either, I appreciated the fact that although this memoir had death in it, it didn't have Oscar's death, most animal memoirs tend to end with the animal's death leaving me pulling out the tissues to cry a little. I would say you wouldn't regret reading this if you like animal memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment