Saturday, August 13, 2011

Book 80 The Baby-Sitter's Club #1 Kristy's great idea by Ann M. Martin

Kristy's Great Idea (The Babysitters Club)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Babysitters Club)
920 books to go!

Okay so I'm on a big throw back here. Besides re-reading the occasional Sweet Valley High Series, Sweet Valley University series, and the fearless series I have decided I'm going to re read the Baby Sitter's club too. They were my favorite books when I was a child. It's really not that bad I'm only 17 years older than the suggested reading age.

I just finished re reading the first book in the series Kristy's great idea. In this first book of the BSC series, Kristy creates the babysitter's club with Claudia, Stacey and Mary Anne. They have their share of adventures at the start of the club, Claudia deals with some out of control children, Kristy is fooled into pet sitting and they deal with their issues, Kristy dislikes Watson (her potential future step father) and Stacey tries to hide her diabetes.

For a pre teen child these books are amazing, new vocabulary can be picked up in the reading as well as learning about social interaction through reading. To me these books are still as great as they were when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment