Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book 99 The ruling class by Francine Pascal

The Ruling Class
The Ruling Class
901 books to go!

It's taken quite some time, but I'm one more book away from my first 100 books read and reviewed for this blog! Pretty exciting, I'm wondering which book I will finish first to get this special title of the 100th book I've read for this challenge.

This book was alright. I learned about Francine Pascal's other works besides the Sweet Valley books and her fearless series, so I wanted to give them a try. I managed to snag many of them through work for reading. This book is about high school bullying with a satisfying end result for the underdogs, I'd recommend it for any girl who's been bullied in the past, however because of my own experience with bullying and being terribly afraid of those who did bully me I wouldn't really recommend going in for any kind of revenge as the victims of this novel did.

The book is told from three different character viewpoints, mostly by Twyla Gay (a new student to a high school in Highland Park, Dallas) and Myrna Sue (a suck up who is unaware that she is being made fun of and blown off). Jeanette Sue (the Queen of the school) has brief moments of telling the story from her view point. Twyla Gay ends up being bullied and picked on by the ruling class which is Jeanette Sue and her gang of cookie cutter nasty chic cronies. Eventually Twyla has enough and becomes friends with Deena (another victim of the ruling class), she enlists Deena to help her and they start to fight back against the ruling class.

If you like a good young adult novel this could be a read for you, it's definitely not a literary masterpiece but it's still a good nice read and something to help bully victims to know they aren't alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment