Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book 110 - My first love and other disasters by Francine Pascal

My First Love and Other Disasters 890 books to go! Seems like it took me awhile to get through this very small and short book. Sometimes happens to me when I'm reading through a few books at once, which is what I often tend to do. This is the second book in the Victoria Martin trilogy, I find these books quite entertaining. In this story Victoria loses herself slightly. She falls for Jim Freeman and in order to try to get closer to him she takes a job in Fire Island over the summer as a mother's helper. She gets caught up in Jim and at first does what he would like her to do, and she's also trapped into doing much more as a mother's helper than she bargained for. At the end of the novel there's a slight emergency, a bit of excitement and after that Victoria gains herself again and learns some lessons. Definitely a great YA novel, I find myself relating to Victoria because I see myself as a teenager when I am reading through her adventures. Even though these books were written in the 70s and have been republished to me they're timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment