Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book 109 - Every last one by Anna Quindlen

Anna Quindlen's Every Last One: A Novel (Hardcover)(2010) 891 books to go! This is the first book by Anna Quindlen that I've read, I have it on my kindle (one of the many books Shawn has magically obtained for my kindle reading pleasure). This author has truly impressed me with this work, the book was a true page turner as well as a thought provoking shocker. This story engrossed and sucker punched me and I loved it. It's one of the recent best sellers I'm truly impressed with. The story's main character Mary Beth Latham suffers the most terrible horrible family tragedy imaginable. The story seems to split into two different parts, Mary Beth pre tragedy and Mary Beth after the tragedy. Anna Quindlen did well with her character, reading it I thought this is what a grieving woman must really feel. I also found myself pondering and thinking about the story on occasions when I had to put it down. I had just read the tragedy and than had to cook dinner, until I read more I contemplated the tragedy, who was responsible, how it happened. There were also times where I almost cried while reading some of the scenes. This work is pure genius, there seems to be some rumors of a movie stemming from this work-I hope the movie might be every bit as good that the book was.

No comments:

Post a Comment