Friday, September 16, 2011

Book 107 - My mother was never a kid by Francine Pascal

893 books to go! I didn't realize this was the first in an easy trilogy to read through until I finally picked this book up and read it after checking it out from work. In this first book of the trilogy Victoria Martin really can't stand her mother. While she's heading back home after getting into some trouble on the train she somehow manages to time travel and she meets Cici. It turns out that Cici is her mother when she was a teenager. This book was originally published under the title hanging out with Cici. I really enjoyed this read. Francine Pascal seemed to capture how it feels to be a teenager which made the character of Victoria Martin pretty successful. I felt the same way about my mother when I was a teenager (sometimes I still feel that way), if I picked this up as a teenager I definitely would have identified with Victoria Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment