Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book 101 - The New book of Wedding Etiquette by Kim Shaw

The New Book of Wedding Etiquette: How to Combine the Best Traditions with Today's Flair
The New Book of Wedding Etiquette: How to Combine the Best Traditions with Today's Flair
899 books to go!

I absolutely detested this book, in fact I found myself skipping over portions of text just to get it over with. I didn't find it very helpful at all in regards to wedding planning - the copyright of the book is 2001 yet I find the wedding etiquette and rules more outdated and archaic, this is what I expected from the Emily Post books I've glanced through (even though surprisingly they seem okay). It was boring and this author was overly critical of crazy bachelorette parties.

If you would like a similar book to this one but one that is not so proper but still provides you with advice on how to handle situations gracefully I'd recommend a book I read prior to this one that I absolutely loved, the book is titled Something New by Elise Mac Adams. It's also cheaper than this god forsaken book I just read through Amazon.
Something New: Wedding Etiquette for Rule Breakers, Traditionalists, and Everyone in Between
Something New: Wedding Etiquette for Rule Breakers, Traditionalists, and Everyone in Between

I do not recommend this book, my suggestion steer clear and don't waste your time like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment