Saturday, May 19, 2012

Book 186 Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh


Harriet the Spy
Harriet the Spy - Kindle Edition

814 books to go!

So hopefully by the end of the Summer I'll be on my way to just 800 books left!

Summary:
Harriet M. Welsch has a spy route and a nursemaid Ole Golly. When Ole Golly leaves Harriet to get married, Harriet's world falls apart, she's delivered an even bigger blow when her classmates find her notebook and see what she's written about them.

Opinion:
I think this is a book every child should read. If anything it was ahead of it's time regarding that evil website facebook that I now hate and no longer participate in. The book is definitely a lesson in keeping your information and thoughts as privately and as well guarded as possible. On facebook people tend to be careless with their posts resulting in much unnecessary drama. Which is why this book can be compared to one of the perils of facebook.

Why I chose to read it:
After my intelligent analytical opinion of the book this choice came from reading a book called 1,000 books for every  mood. I read through the book so I can compile a short list of books to read, and although I won't be reading these books by mood the ones I picked out and wrote on my list to read seemed interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment