Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book 184 History Portraits - Cindy Sherman

History Portraits
816 books to go!

Summary:
This book has Cindy Sherman's history portraits, as well as a brief introduction.

Opinion:
Not a bad book, although I appreciated great views of her work I wish there was more explanation for each photograph.

Why I chose to read this: 
I've recently become what I like to refer to myself as the quasi art librarian at the library I'm working for. I'm trying to increase my knowledge of art for this purpose, Cindy Sherman is my favorite photographer so I've requested a bunch of books about her in order to better understand her work.

SPECIAL NOTE - The bottom book featured in this entry for sale seems to be a new edition of Sherman's history portraits. I might pick it up myself or ask the library to consider purchasing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment