Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book 182 Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James


Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (50 Shades Trilogy)
Kindle Edition

818 books to go!

Summary:
Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele fall hard for each other after Anastasia interviews Christian for her college newspaper in place of her friend Kate. In this trilogy they start an affair and a quasi relationship, but it's up for debate whether or not they can last together, each party has different demands and wishes that the other party might not be able to adhere to.

Opinion:
This book is okay. I do like it, the erotic scenes are extremely hot, but the writing is alright, it's not horrid but it isn't terrific either. James also draws out the debate of whether Christian and Ana could be together for far too long IMO. I do intend to read the other two novels in this trilogy and as different as they are I hope the characters will be able to work out their differences and successfully be together.

Why I chose to read this:
If you're into books at all you'll know by now this book has blown up off the charts in popularity. It finally piqued my curiosity, as a librarian I do like to get my hands on some of the popular stuff on occasion to see what the fuss is all about and to be able to recommend books for the patrons who only like to read up and coming books.

2 comments:

  1. I think this will be the next book I purchase for my Kindle. Everyone is buzzing about it, and it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you give me your e-mail address I can send you PDF versions of the book I got for free, all you have to do is find a website to convert the books to another format for your kindle. You might not even have to do a conversion, the kindle fire might be able to view PDFs, my kindle is the generation before the fire so I need to do conversions if the file is a PDF.

    ReplyDelete