Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book 49 - Sweet Valley High # 1 Double Love by Francine Pascal

Sweet Valley High #1: Double Love
Sweet Valley High #1: Double Love

951 books to go!

Even though Sweet Valley Confidential sucked ass I still decided to pick up the Sweet Valley series again. I read some when I was a teenager but I kind of want to re read them now even though I'm almost 30. I was going to be overly ambitious and pick up sweet valley kids and Sweet Valley Twins, but I might just go through Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University, so expect an occasional blog entry for this series.

This is the first sweet valley high book in the SVH series. I think it's pretty safe to say that they've re vamped the books a little bit to include modern technology updates, when I read these books as a teenager I'm pretty sure Jessica and Elizabeth did not have cell phones or the internet. The drama in this book is between Elizabeth and Jessica they are vying for the affection of Todd Wilkins....Todd always seems to come between these two. Bonus drama is that the twins are wondering if their dad is having an affair, and they are trying to find out why Steven keeps coming home from Sweet Valley University every weekend, throw in a little trouble with Jessica and Rick Andover and we have a drama packed first novel of the series full of light fluff that's perfect to read for an escape.

Even though this is shallow reading or what some of my friends would call brain candy it's good to pick up if you want to read something extremely light, also much better then people magazine, at least it's drama among fictional characters and not celebrity stories. All in all a pretty nice light quick read, much better then Sweet Valley Confidential, I wouldn't pick that up again if you paid me....okay maybe I would for a large amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment