Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book 54 - Marley & Me by John Grogan

Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog

946 books to go!

I was hoping to finish more books over my vacation off from work, but I only managed to finish four. Oh well :/ I put together an entry for one of the four I finished already but now I'm going to do entries for the other three books.

Marley & Me written by John Grogan is a pet memoir about the writer's life with his dog Marley and his family. I had seen the movie a few years ago and was interested to read the book. The one bad thing about watching the movie first is that sometimes the movie cast members mess with my vision of how the characters will look in my imagination. Every time I read about Jenny (the writer's wife) I kept picturing Jennifer Aniston who played her in the movie rather than the real Jenny. The writer and his wife bought Marley when he was a puppy before they chose to have any children. Marley turns out to be full of antics and trouble keeping the writer and his wife on their toes.

I've read pet memoirs before, I absolutely love them, except for the end of the story which usually finishes up the memoir with the death of the pet. At that point I have to break out the tissues because I start to cry a little. Marley & Me was no different. I enjoyed it very much and it's worth a read.

If you love animals, comedy and memoirs and can deal with a sad ending this book should be a good pick for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment