Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Book 51 - TheAlmost Moon by Alice Sebold

The Almost Moon: A Novel
The Almost Moon: A Novel

949 books to go!

49 more books and I will have read my first 100 books for this blog! After that little side note, let's get to the subject of this entry. I picked up this book to check out from work the same time that I came across the lovely bones for a re-reading. It seemed sort of interesting and slightly bizarre so I decided to give it a go as well.

The book was curious, Helen who makes a living as a nude model kills her mother at the very start of the novel. During the course of the novel the reader follows Helen after she has killed her mother, we follow her thoughts and her actions. This is  somewhat similar to lovely bones in the fact that a murder has taken place, and the reader follows the psychological journey of those affected by the murder. However I didn't think this novel was as good as the lovely bones. It wasn't terrible but overall I'd say it was just okay. The lovely bones is better by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment