Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book 193 Cindy Sherman


Cindy Sherman
807 books to go!

Summary: 
This book was published in 1984, it contains an introduction and afterward commenting on Sherman's work as well as many plates of her photographs from 1977 to 1984.

Opinion:
Definitely my kind of art book. I always feel art is very subjective and when I pick up a book about the artist I'd rather see many plates and be able to browse through them and think about my own opinions or conclusions about the work. This was more plates, less text which I dig when looking at art. Text is informative though and great to learn from so a little bit of text is good.

Why I chose to read this:
This is one of the few books the library I work for actually has on Sherman. I'm planning on requesting more of her books but I can't do that until July because our art book budget recently ran out for the fiscal year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment