Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book 194 Little Bird of Heaven by Joyce Carol Oates


Little Bird Of Heaven: A Novel
Little Bird of Heaven - Kindle Edition
806 books to go!

Summary:
This novel follows the aftermath of  the brutal murder of Zoe Kruller. Her former husband Del Ray Kruller and last known lover Edwward Diehl are suspects in her murder, the novel spans a time period of roughly 25 years and is told through the viewpoints of Edward Diehl's daughter Krista and Zoe's son Aaron.

Opinion:
I appreciated this book for the artistic writing, I haven't read Joyce Carol Oates' work before but I wasn't really a fan of the ultimate ending of the book. The timeline bounced around and at times she made it work at other times I felt it was unsuccessful.

Why I chose to read this:
I actually found a hard copy of this book sitting in the courtroom when I was on grand jury. I read about half of it in court but left it behind when my service was over for someone else to find and hopefully read. I read the rest of the novel when I checked it out on the kindle cloud reader through the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment