Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Book 133 Acceptable Risk by Robin Cook


Acceptable Risk
Kindle Edition
867 books to go!

Summary: Kim Stewart and Dr. Edward Armstrong begin a relationship. While working to research facts about her great ancestor Elizabeth Stewart, Edward finds a mold inside of the basement which could have been responsible for Elizabeth's conviction as a witch during the Salem witch trials. Eventually Kim moves in with Edward to the cottage that her and her brother inherited. Edward asks Kim if he can build a lab for a new drug he's planning to market on the same property of the cottage. Kim and her brother okay the building and operation of Omni Labs on the property. Strange things start to happen after Edward and his team of researchers take an experimental dosage of the new drug.

Opinion: At first this was a slow read, but it was one of those slow reads that are worth it to me. Sometimes a book starts off slow but if you keep reading you get a sweet suspenseful pay off at the end. From the moment Edward decided to take the experimental drug with his researchers I knew crazy creepy things would start to happen. I'm also familiar with Robin Cook because I read one or two of his medical thrillers when I was a young girl.

Why I chose to read this: My reason for reading this book was a little random. I used to read hard copy versions of books while I was at work. Personally I don't see anything wrong with reading a book on my down time at work, especially if I'm not working on a current project. I also know reading helps because if a patron asks me what I'm reading or what I have read I can offer up a recommendation. The more widely read I am the better it is. Unfortunately the powers that be say that even though I'm working in a library it's a little bit unprofessional to read at the desk. So now if I have down time and am not busy with some sort of work project I read a book on the kindle cloud. Which is how I read this book. I checked it out from the library and read it on the kindle cloud. This means I now heavily read e-books and I have to save my physical hard copy book reading for my leisure time at home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment