Monday, November 14, 2011

128 The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson

The Amityville Horror


882 books to go!

Summary: This book is a true account of 28 days that the Lutz family endured after moving into their new home in Amityville, NY. Apparently the house was haunted by quite a few different entities and spirits. They moved in after the DeFoe family, most of the DeFoe family never left the house alive as they were shot and murdered by their son and brother Ronnie DeFoe.

Opinion: The book wasn't bad. It's good if you want to read accounts that the movie was based on. I wasn't too fond of the writing and the book didn't really scare me all that much. It was a factual to the point account of the Lutz family's 28 days of terror.

Why I chose to read this: This was one of three scary stories I picked up during the month of October for Halloween. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get around to reading other scary stories, but I tend to read scary stuff year round anyway.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment