Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Book 125 Dog Blood by David Moody



Dog Blood

885 books to go!

I'm reformatting this blog yet again. It seems like it's ever evolving. In addition to a quick summary and my opinion, I'm also going to provide my reasoning for choosing this particular book to read, just because I miss writing about my reasons. I'm not sure if anyone cares but if you'd like to know my logic for reading whichever book gets an entry then you shall know. With that said here's the entry for dog blood.

Summary: Dog blood is number two in a hater trilogy. The world has gone to hell, there's a war brewing between haters and the unchanged. Danny McCoyne the main character of these trilogies is on the hunt for his daughter Ellis who's a hater like him.

Opinion: I enjoyed this book, lots of horror, semi post apocalyptic madness, devastation. The haters are interesting to me, they are sort of like zombies but much different. They have an urge to kill their fellow unchanged humans, but most of them have a sense of intelligence, they still know who they were in their former life. They are also not infected and turned into a hater via hater bite, the hate is something inside of them that randomly emerges. If you tire of zombies this is different horror, apparently it's a specific genre entitled survival horror. I'm enjoying Moody's work can't wait to read the third novel of the trilogy as well as another zombie series he's written.

Why I chose to read this: I picked up the first hater novel a few years back. I was eager to read the next novel but it wasn't released yet. Finally I learned about the release and was able to obtain a copy for my kindle. I'm going to read the third in the trilogy as well as another series he's working on so look for future entries.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment