Thursday, November 17, 2011

Book 129 The Prvileges by Jonathan Dee


The Privileges: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)
Kindle Edition
881 books to go!

Summary:
Cynthia and Adam get married and start a family. Adam keeps on working harder and harder eventually he is able to start his own fund and a charity foundation. The Morey family is swimming in money due to Adam's ethical and unethical work habits. The novel is about the life of privilege they lead and how it affects them.

Opinion:
This book was alright. Jonas Morey is the novel's most interesting character to me. April was more of a Paris Hilton type causing slight embarrassment to her family due to her club hopping and drug activities. The story was written very nicely but I didn't care for the content of the story all that much. I also seriously dislike really rich twits which this novel was sort of featuring.

Why I chose to read this:
I found out about this book when I used to read the NY times book review religiously and the book review made it sound like it was worth the read. It is one of the books magically obtained by Shawn that I placed on my kindle, so it was the next kindle read I chose. Right now I'm recovering with some phan phic that I thought might be bad but right now seems surprisingly good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment