Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Book 126 America's Painted Ladies by Elizabeth Pomada and Michael Larsen


America's Painted Ladies: The Ultimate Celebration of Our Victorians

 884 books to go!

Summary: This is a collection of photographs, the photographs are of different Victorian homes throughout the United States. Each photograph is accompanied with a summary of the featured home, details about the paint job, and a little bit of history about the house. There are some interior shots as well.

Opinion: This book is absolutely stunning. The homes featured and photographed are just wonderful, the information provided about each home is not too much and not too little. If you are interested in the Victorian Era and like to look at some pretty houses this is worth a reading.

Why I chose to read this: I chose to read this book because of my wedding. I still have five wedding planning books I'd like to get through before my wedding actually happens, and I have a bunch of books having to do with the Victorian era to read through as well. Shawn and I are going with a partial masquerade, partial Victorian theme to our wedding. I'm trying to get some bits of phantom involved here and there as well. So I picked out a bunch of Victorian books for hopeful ideas. Although I do like this book the only thing it could have helped us with is the color scheme which we've picked out already.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment