Sunday, November 13, 2011

Book 127 Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen


Black and Blue: A Novel
Kindle edition
883 books to go!

Summary: Fran Benedetto runs away to Florida with her son Robert after withstanding 17 years of being hit by her husband Bobby. Fran makes a life in Florida with Robert until the other shoes finally drops.

Opinion: I like Anna Quindlen's work and I was really enjoying this book until the very end. Personally the ending upset me, it was bittersweet and sort of awful. I love Anna Quindlen's writing style, it's very descriptive she knows how to wrap her readers up in her stories. Both books I've read by her I just could not put down after starting them.

Why I chose to read this: I read Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. While I was looking it up Black and Blue was mentioned in the reviews I read. Since I enjoyed Every Last One I wanted to read Black and Blue as well. In the future I would like to read more of Quindlen's books but I have a lot of other reading on my plate to get through at the moment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment