Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book 60 - The hunger games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

940 books to go!

I'm very anxious to get to the first 100 books of this challenge, 40 more books and I'll be there. This was the first book I bought when I got the Kobo off of e-bay. The e-book version was $5, a lot of people seem to be impressed with this book so I bought it.

When I finished the book yesterday I wanted to pick up Catching fire because Ms. Collins left the book off at a slight cliff hanger, she's left the second book in this trilogy Catching Fire open to a potential love triangle, I'm also wondering what kind of action there will be now that the games are over.

This first part of the hunger games trilogy begins when Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her sister's place after her sister is chosen in the reaping to compete in the games. Katniss is paired up with Peeta from district 12. Both of them are prepped for competition and are faced with the possibility of having to kill each other after Peeta confesses he's had a crush on Katniss since he saw her in district 12. I don't want to present any spoilers so the summary will have to end here, hopefully you'll be encouraged to pick up this little gem and read the next two books in the series after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment