Monday, July 25, 2011

Book 68 Sweet Valley High # 2 secrets by Francine Pascal

Sweet Valley High # 2: Secrets
Sweet Valley High # 2: Secrets
932 books to go!

At the conclusion of this weekend I have one book and two movies to blog about. The movies I think I'll do later. I realize I haven't been faithfully reviewing movies for my film blog.

I went through this quickie of a read on Friday night after finishing The Green Hornet on 3D because it came included to watch for free on my Sprint EVO 3D. Any future movies I watch through my phone though will have to be done using my sister's netflix account.

In this second installment of Sweet Valley High drama Jessica is vying for the title of homecoming queen. She's very desperate to get it and even more desperate to have Bruce Patman (her new dream guy)as her king. To get the title she covets Jessica exposes a secret she discovered about Enid Rollins (one of the other three girls competing for the title) and causes a terrible mess. In the end it all works out very well for Enid (even better than she hoped for) and Jessica gets her just desserts for being a manipulative biotch (something I wish would happen in real life to certain people I know - although I've been told these people already have gotten what's coming to them).

These books are quite mindless but I like to turn off my brain for a read sometimes. Although SVH confidential was terrible the SVH series itself is pretty good and it's the only kind of drama I like dealing with. I detest real life drama (although it does happen sometimes) and I've recently taken some steps to ensure that I stay as far away from real drama as possible, I'll take the fictional high school drama thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment