Thursday, July 7, 2011

61 - Before I go to sleep by S.J. Watson

Before I Go to Sleep: A Novel
Before I Go to Sleep: A Novel

939 books to go!

Been going through this novel at work and at home a little bit, since I checked it out with my library card. I was kind of excited for this book, I found out about it through book expo and wanted to buy the e-book, since it was new though the e-book was too pricey for my e-book taste so I decided to check it out through work.

The book was alright, sort of kept me on my toes, but it also sort of bored me until the very end when everything became thrilling as a thriller book should be. Christine Lucas wakes up every morning with no memory, every morning her husband Ben explains to her that she's lost her memory in an accident that she's 47 and married. She sees a psychologist Dr. Nash who encourages her to keep a journal. As she writes in her journal she begins to remember things and starts to question Ben who might be lying to her for some reason. Some parts of her journal, which was the main part of the author's writing, was mundane but helped the reader to notice discrepancies in what Ben told her from day to day.

If you like thrillers and don't mind a little bit of a bore here and there than this book should be alright to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment