Monday, July 25, 2011

Book 69 Preston Bailey Fantasy Weddings

Preston Bailey's Fantasy Weddings
Preston Bailey's Fantasy Weddings
931 books to go!

Last week, exactly 11 days ago I became engaged to my boyfriend, obviously he is now my fiancee. I figured he would propose to me and I knew he wanted to do it as soon as he possibly could, but his proposal still floored me. Part of my 1,000 book challenge will now feature wedding books. I'll be reading through a bunch of them to get ideas and helpful hints so that I can be semi-armed with some information when we plan our big day. For now we're working on two engagement parties and then we'll start planning. One engagement party is limited to some family members, the other party will be held at a bar for all of our friends to come to if they wish. All of this being said (or written) I will now blog about the first wedding book I've completed.

In this book Preston Bailey (apparently a well known designer more specifically for the rich and sometimes famous)details 9 designs he has done for specific weddings as well as including a last chapter devoted to some of his signature designs which he uses over and over again.

I had mixed feelings about this book. It wasn't really helpful regarding wedding planning or decoration unless you either want a lot of flowers at your wedding or you can afford to hire Preston Bailey to design your wedding. The book was also standard wedding design for the very rich and semi-unimaginative. The only plus in my point of view is that some of the pages were pretty to look at.

My verdict for anyone else out there reading this blog who happens to be in my boat (which is proud unrich hardworking bride interested in as much DIY planning as possible) is that this book is no help at all. If you're very rich by all means peruse this book and then call Preston Bailey right away to pay for what I'm guessing is an astronomical fee to have him design your wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment