Monday, August 27, 2012

Book 220 Forsaking all others by Loretta Schwartz Nobel


Forsaking All Others: The Real Betty Broderick Story
780 books to go!

Summary:
This is the story of Betty Broderick. She married Daniel Broderick, after many years of suffering abuse at Daniel's hand, he left her for a woman he was having an affair with and kept her from gaining custody of her children. When she finally had enough Betty shot Dan and his new wife while they were in bed.

Opinion:
This was a weird book. After reading it I wasn't sure who I should side with. I don't think Daniel Broderick was right in his behavior but I don't think Betty should have shot him either. I think she shouldn't have harassed him as much as she did. It's really hard when you are losing the family you dreamed of but at the same time you have to move on with your life and get an identity for yourself as hard as it is to do. I know I would be devastated if Shawn decided he didn't want to be with me anymore and as crippled as that would make me I most certainly wouldn't harass him, eventually after a long time of crying in bed I'd dig myself out of a despairing hole to move on again...or at least I hope I would.

Why I chose to read this:
I found it at work while weeding some biographies and wanted to read it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment