Monday, August 27, 2012

Book 217 The Baby Swap Conspiracy by Loretta Schwartz Nobel


The Baby Swap Conspiracy: The Shocking Truth Behind the Florida Case of Two Babies Switched at Birth 783 books to go!

Summary:
This book is about the case of Kimberly Mays and Arlena Twigg. Both girls were switched at birth when they were born in the late 1970s. The author believes the girls were switched because the Twiggs already had about 6 other healthy children, and Barbara Mays' relatives were very influential in the community the girls were born in. The author believes the Mays were given the healthy child because of political influence, and that they purposely sent Barbara's sick child home with the Twiggs. 

Opinion:
This book was pretty interesting. I like true crime and this case fascinated me when I was a little girl and saw the made for TV movie. I believe the author's theory is true as to why Kimberly and Arlena were switched at birth. It's an older book but still a good read for a true crime buff.

Why I chose to read this: 
I found out about this book when I was weeding some biographies at work, and came across another book by this author which I read too. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment