Monday, August 27, 2012

Book 219 Castles of New York by Scott Barry


Castles of New York (Excelsior Editions)
781 books to go!

Summary:
This book gives a brief description of some castles located in New York. The locations range from the city, to Long Island to upstate NY.

Opinion:
I didn't like this book much at all. The photography is decent, but the writing just isn't all that great. Sort of similar to the entries I seem to be doing because my brain is already on vacation. Along with some history of the castle, the author decided to throw in some anecdotes about his experience shooting photography for each castle or meeting the castle care takers in order to get entry into the castle. Honestly I really didn't care, maybe some of my readers feel this way about my rambling blog entries too. I'm kind of ashamed if I'm the one who ordered this book for the library. It's nifty if you want to know some locations of castles in New York and you want to see some pictures but that's all that it really amounts to in worth.

Why I chose to read this:
I was grabbing some books on architecture for a lecture and this piqued my curiosity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment