Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Book 210 The Lady in Gold by Anne-Marie O'Connor


The Lady in Gold: The Extraordinary Tale of Gustav Klimt's Masterpiece, Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer [Deckle Edge]
The Lady in Gold: The Extraordinary Tale of Gustav Klimt's Masterpiece, Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer

790 books to go!

Summary:
This book is about the history of one of Gustav Klimt's works, the model for this work was Adele Bloch-Bauer. This non fiction story follows the painting at the start of it's creation, and it's journey hereafter, including where it ended up in a war torn Vienna during the Holocaust, to it's final destination to a private owner, purchasing the piece during an auction. 

Opinion:
At first I couldn't get into this book but then I started to find it very interesting. The author writes the piece like quasi historical fiction. The story touched me emotionally, Klimt is also another artist I like so I did enjoy reading in depth about this particular piece. 

Why I chose to read it:
I found out about it at work when a few people asked for it so I decided to check it out and read it too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment