Thursday, July 26, 2012

Book 203 Cindy Sherman the early works 1975 - 1977 Catalogue Raisonne


Cindy Sherman: The Early Works: Catalogue Raisonné, 1975-1977
 797 books to go!

It's been almost a whole month since I last blogged about any books I read. I've read a few in the past month, so now it's time to play catch up and blog about them.

Summary:
This book has 85 pages of text in the beginning, analyzing Sherman's early work when she was working in Buffalo after college before leaving to live and work in NYC. After the text the book has images of her early work from this time period. In addition to the images of her work there are  some notes available for viewing as well.

Opinion:
I thought this book was awesome. I absolutely love Cindy Sherman's work, and this book was perfect in regards to details about her earlier work. I learned a lot I didn't know about her, I had no idea she worked with cut outs in her early work, before moving to the city to start working on self portraits. I also figured out that maybe I like her so much because she dresses up, and I actually like dressing up and cosplay even though I really don't do it too often.

Why I chose to read this:
I ordered this book for the library because we had barely anything here on Cindy Sherman. I decided to read it after I picked a call number for it and put it through for processing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment