Monday, March 19, 2012

Book 173 Hilarity Ensues by Tucker Max


Hilarity Ensues
Kindle Edition

827 books to go!

Summary:
According to the author this is his third and last book he will write in the genre he is credited with creating known as fratire. The book features more stories from Tucker Max's (the author, and main character) nights of partying, drinking and hooking up with any girl willing to hook up with him, his judgement on which girl to choose was usually based on how drunk he was for the night.

Opinion:
I have mixed feelings about Tucker Max and his books. When I first read I hope they serve beer in hell, I absolutely hated this author. But then I read assholes finish first, and now Hilarity ensues. Some parts of the book did almost make me want to laugh out loud. I also have a tiny shard of respect for the author. In his last two books he talks about how he didn't want to be a lawyer so he took a chance on writing. I do admire him for doing something I'm too scared to do which is to quit work all together and just write. This guy faced what I don't want to face until he made it big. He faced being poor, he faced hardly eating, honestly I don't know how he survived until he ended up being able to publish a book. But he prevailed in the end. His genre is new and different, but it's also Jersey Shore quality as far as the drinking, partying and hooking up. His writing actually musters up much more intelligence then Jersey Shore. So even though I do want to detest him badly for what he writes about, I have to respect him a little for what he went through to get there. I really shouldn't even care that much, I definitely will never be one of the random girls hooking up with this guy so what he's done in the past shouldn't bother me. He actually has met quite a few entertainingly stupid girls, I found the full version of the Miss Vermont story that he was finally able to write hugely entertaining, Miss Vermont is quite a weirdo though. He's lucky she didn't pull a fatal attraction move on him. I think I'm a little jealous of his full time writing, but one day I'll get there for myself somehow. I'm too scared to just quit my job and write full time. I will admit I'm completely pansy to do what he managed to do. I need to work because I've got to pay off my current debt, I've got to contribute to my wedding with Shawn, and I've got to pay for a better car then the current rust bucket I've picked up that I can only drive back and forth to the train station with. I also have expenses that I split with Shawn and his mother in regards to the house. Because of my responsibilities I have to work doubly hard to do my job as a librarian and write on the side, hopefully one day besides my blogging and the newspaper I'll manage to come up with a good book.  Okay after that rambling opinion that has more to do with the author then the book I think I'm finished with the self reflection. If you are looking for a light read and you can handle the drunkery, the sex, and would love to read the snide but oddly entertaining comments that Tucker and his friends say you probably will like this book.

Why I chose to read this:
I'm pretty much a Tucker Max rubber necker. It's like the accidents that you pass by while driving, you shouldn't look, or you don't want to look but you do anyway.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment