Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book 168 Love, Loss, and What I Wore by Ilene Beckerman


Love, Loss, and What I Wore
Kindle Edition
832 books to go!

Summary:
A quick read, summarzing the life of Ilene Beckerman, nicknamed Gingy. The book is a very simple autobiography featuring illustrations of the clothing Gingy wore and remembered during her life. She went through two divorces and the death of a child.

Opinion:
This was a quick, semi-light read. Some points in the book were serious. The book is kind of paradoxical it has shallow but deep content. Beckerman's illustrations are interesting, they are simplified colorful line drawings but they are nice. It's interesting to see a person remember their clothes in such detail. I have a few favorite dresses, and I remember favorite dresses of past years that I have gotten rid of for one reason or another, but except for the dress I bought in Puerto Rico I really don't pay that much mind to remembering my clothes. I would recommend reading the actual physical book, if you go with the kindle edition it's best if you have the kindle fire.

Why I chose to read this: 
Found this while weeding biographies at work. I briefly remembered hearing about it, got curious, and checked it out to read, even though I already have half the library checked out on my library card right now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment