Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book 167 - Inside the mind of BTK by John Douglas


Inside the Mind of BTK: The True Story Behind the Thirty-Year Hunt for the Notorious Wichita Serial Killer
Kindle Edition
833 books to go!

Summary:
John Douglas, a former FBI agent and serial killer profile writes about Dennis Rader, who's known as BTK. Rader haunted Witchita, Kansas for 34 years, luckily he had many dormant periods in between victims and committed 10 murders. 10 murders is nothing to sneeze at but it would have been worse if he wasn't forced to take a break in between his murders because he actually had a wife and kids.

Opinion:
This book was chock full of information about BTK. Maybe too much information. John Douglas' writing is good, but semi-strange. He talks about himself a lot, about different things he was doing while investigating and reflecting upon the BTK case. I'm not sure why he puts those little bits into the book, it does give the writing flow a weird little mix but it's not very terrible either. He's actually written many books and I've checked them all out through the library, I think in this author I found some new true crime to read since I've already plowed through everything by Ann Rule. One last thing, BTK is a sick fuck reading this book is a little bit disturbing and upsetting at times, especially when the author talks about going through BTK's diary and provides a detailed account of the murders as BTK committed them, that part is a tough to stomach and saddening on the heart.

Why I chose to read this:
I was browsing the true crime section of the library looking for a latest true crime fix since I read everything by Ann Rule. I picked this up because BTK's killings have always struck a scary but curious chord for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment