Monday, January 30, 2012

Book 156 Don't look behind you by Ann Rule


Don't Look Behind You: Ann Rule's Crime Files #15
Kindle Edition
 844 books to go!
Summary: 
This is the latest volume of case files written by Ann Rule. In this installment of case files she wrote two feature stories about cases gone cold. One was the story of Joe Tarricone, who was found nearly 30 years later buried on a rental property and the story of Joann Hansen, a battered wife gone missing, believed to be killed by her husband. Her two mini stories were about the cases of Bethany Stockberry, a married woman who's body was found over 4th of July weekend in the 70s and two serial rapists that were eventually caught.

Opinion:
I did enjoy this book, but I was disappointed that it did not feature more case files. I am an Ann Rule fanatic, I love her books and have read all of them. I just wanted more case files but it was a pretty interesting book otherwise. She sends a powerful message to all her readers, they are basic safety rules that every woman should follow, although some do not. Personally I recommend every woman read at least one true crime novel  as it will raise awareness. As she said at the conclusion of this book, you are the first line in your own defense.

Why I chose to read this:
When I found out this book came out I was pretty ecstatic. I had to read it because I'm a definite ARF, but I was also itching to read a true crime. I haven't been reading too much from this genre lately, so it was good to pick one up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment