Thursday, December 29, 2011

Book 146 The Accident by Linwood Barclay


The Accident: A Thriller
Kindle Edition

854 books to go!

Summary:
Glen Garber, in grief over the death of his wife Sheila starts to accidentally investigate the real cause of her death. While doing so he uncovers many secrets and is witness to more deaths and incidents that aren't what they seem.

Opinion:
I loved this book. It was great, very intelligent, extremely complex a thriller that definitely would not let up. The villains of the book were the characters I least suspected, and it was very interesting to find out what truly happened as facts were uncovered. The book also paralleled the reality of our times in this bad economy. My only gripe is what I felt to be an underlying message against knock off goods. I understand that fashion designers work hard to create their designs but sometimes average folk cannot afford the real thing and if they like the style and a knock off makes them happy then I see nothing wrong with that. I do however understand the dangers of other knock off goods such as pharmaceutical drugs and construction parts.

Why I chose to read this: 
I checked this out for my kindle and intended to read it on the cloud reader. I only had two weeks so I ended up returning it. I picked it up again because I was browsing an entertainment weekly that my godmother gave me and Stephen King had it as a recommended read so I wanted to check it out again. I'm glad I did the story had me engrossed, it was terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment