Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book 135 Sh*t my Dad Says by Justin Halpern


S*it My Dad Says
Kindle Edition


865 books to go!

Summary: Justin Halpern moved back home to temporarily live with his parents.Amused by what his dad said he started posting his father's quotes on twitter. Suddenly he had many followers and a deal to write this book. In it are anecdotal stories about his father as well as quotes from his father.

Opinion: I loved this! There were many times I was on the bus or train and I laughed out loud for real or smirked to suppress my laughter. This guy's father is full of funny.

Why I chose to read this: Last year in the late Winter I added some collections to my kindle to organize my books. So I've been picking books to read based on which collection I'm trying to read through. Right now I'm going through the humor writers collection of my kindle.

 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I loved this one too! I like that he is completely uncensored and when he tones it down a notch in order to be sentimental it actually comes off touching. After reading this I had to buy it for my dad for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have similar reading taste it seems. I think I might buy it for my dad for his birthday, I already bought him an Elvis Encyclopedia for Christmas. I feel bad though he doesn't have much time to read :/

    ReplyDelete