Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book 137 Comfort and Joy by Kristin Hannah


Comfort & Joy
Kindle Edition
863 books to go!

Summary: Joy Candellaro boards a plane for a city called Hope a few months after she found her sister and her husband sleeping together. After the plane crashes she finds herself with a young boy named Bobby and his father Daniel. Joy wishes desperately that she doesn't have to go back home, that she can find a place and a life with Daniel and Bobby.

Opinion: This story had it's ups and downs. It had some magic, some romance and a touch of Christmas time. I hated the fact that her husband cheated on her with her sister though. It's terrible enough when a partner cheats on you but the betrayal is extremely brutal when it's with someone you know. I couldn't believe some scenes as I read them, I found myself asking did the author just write this? Did that just really happen? Many many times I was shocked. But the ending turned out to be pretty nice. So it was a weird read but worth it.

Why I chose to read this: I was looking for some Christmas stories and got on the e-book waiting list to check this book out from the library for my kindle. As soon as it was available I took it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment