Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book 121 House Rules by Jodi Picoult


House Rules: A Novel

879 books to go!

Plot Summary: Jacob Hunt is a teenage boy with Asperger's syndrome, he's also obsessed with forensic science and crime scenes. After Jess (Jacob's life skills tutor) is found dead, her death is blamed on Jacob and he has to go to trial in order to prove his innocence.

Opinion: I became engrossed in this story, obsessed with finishing it in order to find out what really happened. I have it on my kindle, but in order to finish it I also grabbed the library's hard copy to read if I had a chance. It's a great story, it's thought provoking, it will leave you thinking in order to find out what really happened to Jess. Picoult  is a formulaic writer, but I appreciate her formulas, I don't tire of them as I have long since tired of Patterson's work. In her book you know you will always find a trial to fascinate you, some scenario that shall cause the trial to take place, and most of the time you'll also find a love story. She always manages to take these three elements and grip me as a reader anyway. I'm never disappointed after reading one of her works.

No comments:

Post a Comment