Sunday, October 2, 2011

Book 112-Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

Keeping Faith (P.S.) 888 books to go! This is the first library book I checked out for my kindle. As a side note, in my opinion it's much easier to check out library books for the kindle vs. for other e-readers. I definitely plan to sell my kobo when I have a chance, I only bought it from e-bay to play with it and be able to check out library e-books, but now that my kindle can do it, and I don't really like using the kobo too much I'm definitely going to resell it. I did enjoy this book but truthfully I didn't understand the ending. I re-read the last paragraph three or four times and still found myself confused. I plan to do some research to hopefully comprehend what happened at the end, right now all I can do is think about my own ideas regarding the book's conclusion, and maybe that's how Jodi Picoult intended the book to be for her readers. The story is about seven year old Faith White. Her and her mom, Mariah walk in on her dad cheating with another woman. Mariah, who has broken down before and ended up in an institution after Colin cheated the first time, almost breaks down again, but with the help of her mother she pulls herself together for Faith. Than Faith begins to see an imaginary friend who shes calls her guard, after Faith visits the psychologist, the adults assume she may actually be seeing God and not an imaginary friend. Pretty soon Faith starts performing a few miracles. Along comes Ian Fletcher a tele-atheist hell bent on exposing Faith as a hoax, than comes Picoult's court case for this novel when Colin fights Mariah for custody of Faith. I love reading Jodi Picoult, but I've noticed every novel I've read so far by her has had a court case involved. Truthfully I don't mind this court case formula she's an intelligent writer and her novels have some meat to them. James Patterson's formulaic writing on the other hand is sickening to the point that I declared myself done with his books all together. If you chose to pick up this book, hopefully you will understand the ending that I'm going to to go on a mission to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment