Monday, September 17, 2012

Book 223 Family ties by Danielle Steel


Family Ties: A Novel

777 books to go!

Summary: 
Annie inherits her sister's three children after her sister and her brother-in-law die in a plane crash. Annie is 26 when she inherits the kids, she sacrifices most of her life for them, and raises them well. But when they become adults they still make mistakes, this novel goes through some of the trails Annie and the kids go through after they grow up.

Opinion:
This is the second Danielle Steel novel I've picked up and honestly I'm not sure I'm going to read another one. She has a semi interesting writing style, the two books I've read summarize the life of the characters in a few short pages as they set up the characters for the time period and storyline that will take up the majority of the story. I enjoyed Big Girl but I found family ties to be kind of hokey. It was bad, but weird because it was so bad I couldn't put it down til I finished reading it. This is a first for me, I usually put a bad book down and quit reading it. Or at least I try to.

Why I chose to read this: 
One of the magical freebies I got for the kindle, read it during the honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment