Monday, September 17, 2012

Book 222 When Hope is Gone: The story of Papo Salsa by Pedro E. Acevedo


When Hope Is Gone: The Story of Papo Salsa

778 books to go!

Summary:
This is a novel of a young man's life torn apart by war. Papo Salsa, his real name is Eddie Torres, lives in the Bronx. He salsa dances like a champion. His life is going well for him, he's a good kid, respectful, he has a nice girlfriend who he's deeply in love with, suddenly he's drafted and sent to Vietnam, then everything changes for Papo Salsa.

Opinion:
I enjoyed this book, I honestly thought I might not like it but it turned out to be a great story. The author completed his purpose for me because he took me into the life of Papo Salsa and immersed me in his story. For a newly published author Mr. Acevedo is pretty good and this story is worth the read.

Why I chose to read this:
I actually found out about this book when I had facebook, I bought it for my kindle but didn't read it until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment