Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book 165 Corporations Are Not People by Jeffrey D. Clements

 
Corporations Are Not People: Why They Have More Rights Than You Do and What You Can Do About It Kindle Edition

835 books to go!

Summary:
This book is about the case of Citizens United, the case was a ruling by the supreme court two years ago giving person hood to corporations and allowing them constitutional rights that they should not have. The book details the very corrupt government we have and provides some resources to stand up and make a change.

Opinion:
I found this book to be shocking and fascinating. I'd like to get involved if I have more time in the Appalachian mountain cause as well as fighting to amend the constitution to overturn Citizens United.

Why I chose to read this:
I picked up this book from work for Shawn to read. He actually did not get a chance to read it just yet because his mother and I kind of took it over before he had a chance to read it. I had to take it back to work but I can eventually check it out for him again or we can get it for our kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment