Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book 162 One Day by David Nicholls


One Day (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)
Kindle Edition

838 books to go!

So I'm back from my work vacation, back to the daily grind, and back to blogging. I kind of took a break from photo posting and blogging during my time off as well. During my vacation I intended to read many many books, but I only got four finished. So without further ado, my 1,000 book challenge continues with this current entry plus 3 more.

Summary:
This book is about a one night stand between Dexter Mayhew and Emma Morley, which took place during their graduation from college in England. Over the next 20 years Dexter and Emma remain friends with an attraction to each other, the book leaves you turning the pages to find out if these two will finally get together or just remain friends.

Opinion:
I enjoyed this book but I warn you, if you are emotional the end of the book is very sad. I stayed up until 5 AM during the beginning of my vacation to finish the book and ended my before bed time reading with some tissues. I am waiting to view the movie, believe it or not during all my time off I didn't have a chance to see it. Unfortunately for me it's a chick flick, so it's definitely something Shawn will not watch with me. I'm waiting for an opportune time when I am home and he is not, or when he is asleep so I can spare him the painful viewing of estrogen. This might happen this Friday, I am off from work because I work Saturday if I do not spend the day chatting with his mom (or if I can get her to watch this with me), maybe I can watch it Friday while he's working.

Why I chose to read this: 
Before I went on vacation I checked this book out using the kindle cloud reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment