Monday, February 21, 2011

Book 19 - Stardust by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess

Stardust: Being A Romance Within the Realms of Faerie
Stardust: Being A Romance Within the Realms of Faerie

981 books to go!

This book is worth the read, it's so very good I recommend owning it for your personal collection.

I stayed up really late to finish this book, I was so enchanted and captivated by the story that it was one of those books that I felt I NEEDED to stay up for in order to finish, this hasn't happened to me in quite some time, I'm constantly reading and it's very rare that I have to finish a story so bad that I stay up incredibly late to finish it.

This is a plot thickening, captivating, enchanting story with an ending bought together and wrapped up extremely well. The plot starts when Tristan (a half fairy, half man) travels into the land of Faerie to retrieve a fallen star at the request of a very nasty village girl he thinks he loves. From there as you read you learn so much more, the plot increases, the book gets so exciting and captivating that you must finish it. The romance and love story part of it was the best for me as it reminded me of my love story with my boyfriend, I won't tell you any more about that so the novel might not be spoiled should you wish to read it.

This story pleased me, I have been reading many books but have not been blown away by a magical story in awhile, this is one of the superb stories that I shall remember forever, although it will never take the place of my phantom. I can't wait to see the movie version very soon, perhaps I shall watch it with Shawn during a movie night or on my own that shall be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment