Saturday, February 5, 2011

Book 10 - The Crow by J. O'Barr

The Crow
The Crow

990 books to go!

When I went out last week I learned that The Crow was actually a graphic novel, eager to read it upon learning it's existence I looked it up on Amazon. I found it and decided to order it and have it sent to Shawn so we both could read it. I got my hands on it before he did, just like Fable's #14 LOL.

I was extremely impressed with the graphic novel of the crow. There are some differences between the book and the movie, that's always the case with stories. Oddly enough I felt like I had gleaned more information from the movie version of the story, which is rare because in most cases when you read a book and see the movie, the book is what gives you more detail and more information.

The artwork and writing is just wonderful. Some of the sentences are darkly poetic and will hit you very deeply emotion wise. I wish to pore back over the novel and possibly use some quotes for my face book status updates because the words reach out to me. The love scenes from his flashbacks are incredible as well as sad because you know what has happened to him and Shelly.

This book is definitely worth the read, even if you aren't into graphic novels, you will love it simply because the story is that good. The book was apparently out of print for awhile but it is now available on amazon, check your local libraries too it might be available there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment