Friday, February 11, 2011

Book 11 - Shaken by J.A. Konrath

Shaken (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries) (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Series)
Shaken (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries) (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Series)
Shaken (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries) [Plus Bonus Content] (this is the kindle edition)

989 books to go!

This book is the next installment of a mystery series I have been absolutely thrilled with. I love reading works by J.A. Konrath (A.K.A. Jack Kilborn) and another author he works with Blake Crouch. This was one of the first books I purchased for the kindle when Shawn gave it to me but I recently started to read it on the trains while traveling.

As with all the books in the Jack Daniels series I absolutely loved it. Unknowingly when I purchased the version for the kindle it came with bonus content and two ways to read this book. (E-books are great- and they're only going to get better!) If you purchase the kindle edition you can read the book the way it was intended (in it's non linear format) or you could read the book in a linear format. Of course I chose to read the non linear format that's the way J.A. Konrath wrote it and the way I wanted to read it and I felt it was a great way to make the story work.

The story goes through three different time lines of Jack Daniel's life alternately. One of her first cases, her hunt for the elusive Mr.K and the present. As you read you learn all three of these timelines are tied together to bring Jack to the place she is in now. It turns out to be a suspenseful, edge of your seat read with a wonderfully satisfying ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment