Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book 3 - Through the grinder (Coffeehouse mysteries no. 2) by Cleo Coyle

Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mysteries, No. 2)
Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mysteries, No. 2)

997 books to go!

This is the second book in the coffee house mystery series I've been reading. I like to follow mystery series, I started this habit sometime last year when I picked up Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath. Also last year I found book 8 to the coffee house mysteries and read it out of sequence. So now I'm working through reading 1 to 7 and then 9.

So far I am not disappointed with this series. Each book features an exciting mystery, tons of coffee trivia (which I love), along with the antics that the main character pulls in order to be able to figure out the current mystery. The main character of the book is Clare Cosi, she is manager of the village blend coffee house in Manhattan. Her supporting characters are Tucker and Esther (baristas in her shop), Madame (her ex's mother), Matteo (her ex husband), Joy (her daughter) and Mike Quinn (a detective that comes to her aid).

In this book Clare has to figure out who is murdering her customers, but managing to make each murder look like a suicide. The author managed to keep me on my toes in trying to figure out who the killer was, and surprised me at the end when the real killer was revealed.

Overall these books are nice and light, very pleasant and funny mysteries and if you enjoy coffee you will love the descriptions of coffee as well as the trivia, and  you will probably be craving coffee at some point while reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment